Monday, December 5, 2011

Bike Commute 138: Incoming!

I had an interesting commute today. I came upon another bike commuter and we played leap frog for about a half mile or so on suburban side street. At one point, she was some 150 feet ahead of me; I was in my usual early morning daze, my head hanging down. I heard her bell go "ding" and I looked up. I saw two deer crossing the road only a few feet in front of her. As they reached the lawn on the right side of the road, I saw them turn. Then I realized they were following 2 other deer. They were running at full tilt and heading straight for me! Thankfully, they stayed on the lawn and blew past me. I had no chance to get a picture. Later, I stopped near National Airport to get a shot of a commuter jet coming in for a landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment