Sunday, November 27, 2011

Red Songs

So I'm meandering around on my bike and my mind is drifting. It's late November and the temps are in the 60s, probably payback for the freak snowstorm we had in October. For some reason, I get the word "red" stuck in my mind.  Then I wonder how many songs use "red".  I am lost in red thoughts. I forget that my left knee is screaming and think of a list of red songs. Here's what I came up with:

I See Red - Split Enz
Yes It Is - The Beatles (If you wear red tonight...)
Roxanne - The Police (...you don't have to put on the red light)
New Years Day - U2 (Under a blood red sky)
Hi Heel Sneakers - Tommy Tucker (Put on your red dress momma...)
Lady in Red - Chris de Burgh
Red Rubber Ball - The Cyrcle
Red Red Wine - UB40
Panama Red - New Riders of the Purple Sage
 
I thought of Raspberry Beret and Pink Cadillac but they are cheating.  And then there's A Day in the Life (I read the news today, oh boy...) but that's worse.  Then the ride was over.

Not much of a list but I suppose you all could add to it.  Give it a go.

Update: Thru the miracle of social media we have these additions.

Mrs Rootchopper came up with Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer - Gene Autry
Rick Prescott came up with:
Red River Valley
Red Sails in the Sunset
Casey Jones - Grateful Dead ( "Look out ahead, lady in red")
Little Red Riding Hood (Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs)

The last of these brings to mind the first album I owned by my own self.

Snoopy and the Red Baron by the Royal Guardsmen.

And another
Black, White and Blood Red. - BoDeans


Mainer Renee Olin showed her new southern roots by adding Rednecks, White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer by Johnny Russell.
Steve Fisher all the way ferom Prague adds:
Red Rain - Peter Gabriel
Little Red Corvette - Prince
Red Tide - Rush
Red House - Jimi Hendrix
Red Headed Woman - Bruce Springsteen
99 Red Balloons - Nena

Any more?

No comments:

Post a Comment