Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bike Commute 128 - I Bike and I Vote, Baby

Big Nellie and I made a stop on the way to work this morning. Here my trusty steed waits as I go inside to vote. I make a point of riding my bike to the polls (only about 1/2 mile from my house). I usually stick out from the crowd. This morning was different. A guy waiting to vote in front of me had on a yellow rain jacket, shorts and Shimano sandals with wool socks. Two biking voters at the same time! It's like a new political movement! It's our time! Use that democratic process to through out the car baggers! Or something like that.

Postscript: I encountered Mr. Shimano Sandals about 30 minutes later riding to work on the Mount Vernon trail near the power plant.

Post postscript: The incumbent member of the VA House of Delegates for my district, Scott Surovell, rode his bike cross country after graduating from college.

No comments:

Post a Comment