Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Golf Cart Bike Trailer?

On the Mount Vernon Trail, I came upon this interesting looking bike and trailer combo. The bike seemed to be a Dahon. The trailer apparently was a Burley of some sort.  It seemed odd that the load was oriented vertically instead of horizontally. I would have expected it to wobble but it didn't and he was going pretty fast-ish (well, faster than me) for most of the time I was behind him.

The picture was taken on the way up to the stone bridge. I was going fast because I had stopped to get my camera out of its frame bag and Mr. Bike Trailer left me in the dust. I caught him on the little, bumpy climb to the stone bridge. .

As I look at this now, I can see a pretty decent alternative to a golf cart in the making here. Bike golf, could catch on. Note the rider isn't wearing a helmet because golfers are risk taking maniacs.

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a Burley Travoy

    http://www.burley.com/home/bur/page_416/travoy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these before - - up in NYC. They seem odd-looking, but I guess they do the trick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Informative article sharing about golf bike trailer. I purchased this bike trailer. Its really good looking and pretty.

    ReplyDelete