Saturday, October 6, 2012

September recap, or, I got tired writing this

Usually, September brings a dip in mileage as my kids' school events take over my evenings.  This year has been different. My son is at college and my daughter's school events didn't start in earnest until October.  So I kind of went ape with my bike.  Here are the numbers.

Total Mileage: 825
146.5 miles on Big Nellie, my Tour Easy recumbent
326.5 miles were courtesy of Little Nellie, my Bike Friday New World Tourist
The remaining 452 miles were on The Mule, my Specialized Sequoia

Bike Commutes: 16
8 of these commutes were aboard Little Nellie
5 on The Mule
3 on Big Nellie.

I rode 3 event rides, Southern Maryland, Backroads, and 50 States, all metric centuries (60-ish miles), all on The Mule.

By the end of September I had ridden 5,407 miles. I'd ridden to work 114 times.  At about 30 miles per commute that comes out to3,420 miles. At 25 miles per gallon, that's 136.8 gallons of gas I didn't use.  At $3.50 per gallon, I saved $478.80. Which pretty much covers the cost of Big Nellie's new seat.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on saving all that money not spent on gas! :) :)

    ReplyDelete