Friday, June 24, 2011

Two Tailwind Day

For bike commute number 56, I ordered up a perfect biking day. The bike commuting gods were kind and delivered a beauty.  The morning had temperatures in the mid-70s with a light wind out of the southwest. I cruised along with a gentle hand on my back pushing me ever so gently toward the city. 


For the next 8 1/2 hours, my bosses tried desperately to make my day suck. As usual, they succeeded.  I have been working on a presentation for over a week. My boss who is a poster child for adult ADD kept adding extraneous slides.  He also neglected to get me on the agenda to the meeting next Monday. The damn thing isn't happening for 2 weeks. I found this out at 4 pm. 

Having a crap day at the office has its upside: the ride home is an escape from madness.

And so I rode in 80 degree weather with a beautiful 10 mile per hour tailwind.  It's Friday; I'm tired and frustrated and this ride is to die for.

After about 12 miles I stopped on a boardwalk at Dyke Marsh along the Potomac River to admire the intense green of the river grasses. The Sequoia read the interpretive sign while I took his picture.

Tomorrow, I don't have to stop for 8 1/2 hours and deal with nincompoops. I can just keep on riding. 

Sounds like a plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment