Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nellie's World

Nellie's World by Rootchopper
Nellie's World, a photo by Rootchopper on Flickr.
Whenever I tour, I find myself drawn to beautiful old houses. This is the Tower House in Mount Vernon. It once stood alone with a commanding view of the Potomac River. Now it is surrounded by new megahouses, none of which can hold a candle to it. About 20 years ago, Tower House was in disrepair but recent owners have done a terrific job of fixing it up. The wrap around porch and the spectacular tower are two features that will go on my dream house. (I am planning on building it once my Powerball investment pays off.

Little Nellie stands in front of the house. For some reason, this reminded me of the Wyeth painting Christina's World. Neither Nellie nor I are much for grassy hills though.

No comments:

Post a Comment