Friday, October 14, 2011

Bike Commute 115: Dupont Circle Brass

I got home late last night, the result of taking a friend out to his hotel in Sterling Va. This morning I rode Little Nellie (my Bike Friday New World Tourist to work). It rained making me tired and wet. After work I rode across the Key Bridge into Georgetown to attend Maret's homecoming football game. The Frogs were down 14-0 when I arrived and it never got closer.

After the game I rode to Maret to watch a volleyball game. Maret won and, as usual, it was very fun to watch. One of the players' parents tried to get me to put on a red wig and lead the cheering in the stands. Um, no.

After the game. I rode home. I got here at 10 p.m. It was a perfect night for a ride. I passed through Dupont Cicle where I heard a tuba playing "Lean on Me". the old Bill Withers song. The crowd was very enthusiastic. It was a nice surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment